The Maddensnap bylaws are intended to provide guidelines for league and site conduct as well as procedures for progressing through the challenge system. Bylaws should be reviewed prior to pre-registering so that prospect players have the option to agree or disagree prior to requesting to join the League. Bylaws will be strictly enforced by Maddensnap staff and there will be a zero tolerance for violations. All players in the Maddensnap league are considered professionals and we expect all players to conduct themselves as professionals. Maddensnap does not honor conditions or rules published outside of the Maddensnap bylaws. Furthermore, the bylaws do not reflect all possible rules or procedures . Maddensnap has the right to add , remove or modify any portion of the bylaws at any time, these changes would be implemented in cases where the league players and/or league staff overwhelmingly see a fit change .Table of content
Maddensnap is a game of skill betting site . "Game of skill" means that the outcome of the game is closely associated to the skill level of the players and the odds of winning will favor the player with a higher skill level. Each player must make their own judgment of their skill level. Interested players should consider their skill level in reference to the games they wish to compete in prior to competing . The Maddensnap staff has no way of determining a player’s skill level prior to the player joining the maddensnap league. It is not the business of the Maddensnap league to profit from players that consistently lose challenges. Maddensnap considers all registered players “professional” and holds each player accountable for their decisions to compete but nevertheless the Maddensnap staff has the right to remove players deemed “amateur” due to excessive consecutive losses .
Participation within the United States of America (U.S.) Participation in fee-based tournaments for prizes is prohibited in the following U.S. states, without limitation: Alaska Arizona Delaware Iowa, Maryland North Dakota Tennessee Vermont Laws constantly change, check your state’s laws even if not listed above . VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Participation outside the U.S. Participation in fee-based tournaments for prizes may be prohibited in your jurisdiction and it is your sole responsibility to ensure compliance with such laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. When registering with Maddensnap you agree to the following : You agree to performing your due diligence towards determining if "game of skill" betting is allowed in your jurisdiction. Maddensnap staff , designers, nor developers can not be held accountable for violations committed due to lack of knowledge in regards to the gambling laws of your jurisdiction. As always , with any sort of betting, All participation with Maddensnap is within your own will and at your own risk. Deposits made to Maddensnap grant access to site features that are normally restricted for players with a zero balance , for this reason , deposits are non refundable and money can only be withdrawn via the site withdraw process. The maddensnap Ledger that pertains to your account may reflect a monetary value equating to the paypal deposits you make and "assumed" winnings. Maddensnap has the right to withold "assumed" winnings, or overturn "assumed" winnings if any portion of the bylaws are violated. Maddensnap also has the right to overturn backdated "assumed" winnings if issues come to light in the present, that occured in the past, with no limitation to dates or time frames. A player has no rights to "assumed" winnings until "assumed" winnings are released to said player via withdraw. Withdraws are subject to approval and Maddensnap does not guareentee approval, although the majority of withdraw request are approved. The process of a withdraw approval may take as long as Maddensnap staff deems necessary to assure that a players "assumed" winnings derived from fair play and fall within the guidelines of these bylaws. Maddensnap staff,designers or developers are in no way affiliated with EA Sports, John Madden, Madden football franchise or the NFL. Maddensnap staff,designers or developers are in no way affiliated with any publishers,developers,or designers of games mentioned or depicted on the Maddensnap site. All Maddensnap profits derive from the fees associated with using the challenge system, in no way does Maddensnap profit from Ea sports, Madden Football , or any other Games depicted on the Maddensnap site.
NOTE :All league fees are deducted from winnings.
League fees are as follows:
Winnings that equate to less than $3.00 / $.50 League fee
Winnings that equate to $3.01 to $7.00 / $1.00 League fee
Winnings that equate to more than $7.00 / %14 League fee
Table of content
Players interested in joining the Maddensnap league must pre-register at www.maddensnap.com via the pre-registration link. All players are pre-screened and must meet the following requirements.
- Verified Paypal address
NOTE: These requirements are subject to change without notice.
pre-registered players will be notified via email if they meet the requirements and their is a slot available.
Table of content
Use the appropriate contacts for corresponding with Maddensnap staff:
Questions, comments, concerns about the site : email@example.com
complaints or disputes about players,games or conduct : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deposits, balances, withdraws: email@example.com
To advertise on the chat banners : firstname.lastname@example.org
earn cash by recruiting players :email@example.com
business relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of content
Maddensnap players are professionals and just like real world professional sports, what is done off the site can get them jammed up in the league.
Players are subject to fines,suspension,or expulsion from the league when they violate the following rules:
NOTE: infractions are not limited to this list. At anytime rules can be added or removed from this list.
- No verbal abuse across any existing platform pertaining to a Maddensnap challenge or interaction. example, a player can not go on xboxlive being abusive to another maddensnap player over voice or messaging. In no way shape or form is this tolerated regardless of if it is on or off the maddensnap site. This includes but not limited to threats,blackmail,bribes or any sort of intimidation. No racial slurs,racial suggestions, racial imagery.
- hacking,brute force attacks,dos, and or attempting to access any area the site which is not available to the public is prohibited.
- side betting is prohibited.
- attempting to manipulate site functionality and/or design is prohibited.
- attempting to access site via proxies or attempting to hide real ip address is prohibited.
- accessing other player accounts even if other player gave permission is prohibited.
- public defamation of site,staff or other players actively in league , this includes if it happens privately and turns up public or gets back to staff is prohibited.
- more than one account per player is prohibited.
Table of content
The Maddensnap site is themed around Madden football but the system can facilitate bets for any competitive game . If there is a desire to compete in games other than Madden football, players can use the Maddensnap system and simply specify the name of the desired game in the note section of the "create challenge" form. When playing non Madden football games on Maddensnap,
NOTE: The Maddensnap staff will only enforce scores . The highest score wins for any sort of game , this means Maddensnap will not enforce settings, rules, or any special arrangements. If a dispute is triggered for a non madden game and the dispute is not related to the score , We will only honor the higher score. Score must be submitted via screen shot if both players fail to agree on who one via the report process.
NOTE: Players that desire to have explicit game rules enforced must contact a referee prior to creating a challenge, inform the referee of all explicit details, and if the referee approves the challenge can be created.
Table of content
The option to make a deposit is on the menu accessed via the locker room at the bottom of the screen under the chat input field.
Maddensnap requires that all players maintain a balance greater than “0”. Players with a balance of “0” will be restricted from using the chat and the challenge systems. this requirement is subject to change at anytime.
Maddensnap uses Paypal for all transactions . Paypal facilitates paypal users and guest. Credit card transactions can be accommodated via paypal.
Table of content
The option to create a challenge is on the menu accessed via the locker room.
The option to create a challenge is available for players that have balances greater than Zero , if a player has a balance equal to zero the "create a challenge" option will not be available.
The “ Create a challenge ” form consist of the following fields :
Console- Select the console that the challenge will be played on, if the console desired is not on the list , select “ other ” and specify the console name in the “custom details” area of the “ Create a challenge ” form.
Game time- Select duration of game play for the challenge , if the duration desired is not on list , select “ other ” and specify the duration in the “custom details” area of the “ Create a challenge ” form.
Maddensnap rules?- A player should select “Yes” if it is desired to follow default rules listed in the “gameplay” section of these bylaws. Players that wish to play with custom rules should select “No”. Players wishing to play with custom rules must list the custom details in the “Custom details “ area of the“ Create a challenge ” form.
Balance before this bet - This reflects the amount of cash in the players maddensnap account available for bets.Prior to making this bet.
Bet amount- The player must select the amount of cash desired to put up for the bet.
name of game- Players must indicate the name of the game desired to play .
custom details- Players must use this field to indicate any desired custom rules or game settings which were not available as a option.
Accept league terms and bylaws - Players are required to accept the terms of the bylaws before finalizing the " create a challenge " process.
EXAMPLE: If a host sets a “Bet amount” at $10, the host account will be debited $10 after submitting the " create a challenge " form , once a challenger accepts the challenge , the challenger account will be debited $10, in total $20 will be the challenge winnings.
NOTE: Attempting to make a bet greater than what is available in balance is Prohibited.
NOTE: Games other than Madden should be specified in the note field under “name of game” . Refer to the previous section “GAMES” for more details on playing games other than Madden.
Once a challenge has successfully gone thru the "Create a challenge" process it will be announced in the main chat area and it will post in the public area where it can be accepted by other players.
NOTE: Maddensnap staff will only enforce details that are submitted on the "Create a challenge" form or is recorded with a referee.
ALWAYS CANCEL CHALLENGES YOU CREATED BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SITE, YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF YOUR MATCH IS ACCEPTED WHEN YOU ARE AWAY.
Table of content
The option to accept a challenge is on the menu accessed via the locker room.
The option to accept a challenge is available for players that have balances greater than Zero , if a player has a balance equal to zero the "create a challenge" option will not be available.. When accepting a challenge the player should review all details pertaining to the challenge. If there is uncertainty about a setting , the player should contact the hosting player or a referee via chat for clarification. A challenge should never be accepted if there is any uncertainty in the settings.
Once the player accepts the challenge , the player must contact the hosting player and arrange the meeting time for the game to be played.
At the end of the accept challenge process the bet amount is deducted from the challenger account and held in escrow until the “Match result” process.
Table of content
- Attempt to contact the player one time publicly by posting in the Maddensnap chat room.
- Attempt to send the player a private message one time via the Maddensnap messaging system by going to Locker room- roster - then, search for the player by Maddensnap username (not gamertag) and then send a private message.
- SCREENSHOT THIS STEP: Attempt to contact the player one time on the gaming network specific to your match (Xboxlive or Playstation network) the opponent gamertag can be found on the roster in locker room.
- If 30 minutes pass and the player fails to respond to the above attempts. Submit the report to reflect that you won just like any other normal win but set the score 0. Go to the roster in the locker room find referee_lvl_1 and send this message "opponent failed to respond within 30 minutes (match id)", look at the report form to get the match id. At this point the system will finalize the result in 3 hours from the match being accepted.
- If the opponent responds after you have reported the win, you can not play the opponent UNLESS a referee approves. Otherwise, a new match needs to be created via the normal process.
- If both players fail to communicate WITHIN 30 minutes after the match is accepted, but at some point one of the players begins to communicate, a new 30 minute time frame begins, beginning at the time of first communication. At this point, the first communicating player will follow the steps from the beginning of this section.
The option to cancel a challenge is on the menu accessed via the locker room.
NOTE: Canceled challenges will refund the player without a league fee.
If a player accepts a challenge before it is canceled it can not be canceled via the steps above. Any challenges desired to be canceled after it has been accepted must be submitted to a referee via chat prior to kick off. The fees for canceling a challenge after kick off are as follow:
- If both players agree to cancellation prior to kick off, half of the league fee which pertains to the challenge will be charged to both players . The challenge will be dropped from the system with no change in player stats.
- If both players fail to agree on cancellation prior to kick off , the player requesting the cancellation will forfeit the challenge, accumulate a loss to his/her stats, and will be charged the full fee which pertained to that challenge.
In either case mentioned above , the request for cancellation must be submitted to a referee via chat before kick-off. The request will be honored regardless if there is a immediate reply from a referee or not.( request are time logged).
Request for a cancellation submitted to a referee is final regardless of a referee response or not .
NOTE: Once a cancellation request is sent to a referee the challenge can not continue regardless of if the referee responds or not.
Request for cancellation after kick off will be Voided and the challenge reverts to “gameplay” rules.
Table of content
NOTE: SCREEN SHOT THE SCORE FREQUENTLY AND/OR RECORD ENTIRE MATCH IF POSSIBLE!!!
All players registered in the Maddensnap league must have a valid gamertag on file prior to accepting or creating challenges . The gamertag must be a valid gamertag registered with Xbox Live or Playstation network. When playing a Maddensnap challenge players must use the gamertags that are on file with Maddensnap. If a player participates in a challenge with a unregistered gamertag that player will receive a automatic forfeit. Players are prohibited from registering gamertags that do not belong to them.
Rules defined in this section are considered "Maddensnap rules" which are referenced on the " Create a challenge" form, rules not listed here are considered “Custom Rules” and they should be noted explicitly in the “Custom Rule” section of the “Create a Challenge” form or on record with a referee via chat.
Madden Football default rules:
- Home team - The player that posted the challenge is the host, the host has the option of choosing home or away.
- Configure settings - Home team configures the game settings
- Event Type: Exhibition
- Play calling: Conventional
- Accelerated Clock: ON / 25 seconds
- Stadium: Home Team Stadium
- Skill Level: All Pro
- Injuries: On
- Fatigue: On
No customs play-books .
It is prohibited to manipulate in game mechanics, perform glitches, perform feats that are humanly impossible in real world football,Un-ethical gameplay or the constant use of unstopable plays in a manner which is clearly excessive.
Disconnect Glitch, I.P. Flooding, Induced Lag, Hitching, Excessive Grieving, etc. Players that maliciously disrupt a game will be banned from the league. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Players can only pause the game when on the play selection screen.
excessive pauses are prohibited.
screen shot or video record any issues during game play, do not stop the game. If the issue is a rule infraction complete the challenge and take the proper steps to submit a dispute during the “challenge report “ process.
If the winner of a challenge has a dispute, contact a referee , winners should not use the dispute process during “challenge report” . The dispute process is for the player that loses a game and hopes to overturn the loss by presenting evidence of a rules infraction.
NOTE: it is prohibited to Start a game with settings that are not consistent with the details that are in the challenge creation form,recorded with a referee via chat and/or default settings listed here in the “Game Play” section . Penalties Vary.
Table of content
The following procedures should be taken in the event of a unexpected disconnection:
If a game disconnects prior to kick-off take a screen shot and immediately attempt to restart game. Repeat this process up to 4 times allowing the host and challenger to attempt to host the challenge 2 times each. If the 4th attempt disconnects before kick-off again report the problem to a referee do not attempt to play the challenge anymore.
If a game disconnects after kick off and no one has scored follow the procedures above.
if a game disconnects after kick-off and a player has scored, follow the procedures above and if the game proceeds play the following amount of quarters:
disconnect in 1st quarter = replay all 4 quarters.
disconnect in 2nd quarter= replay 3 quarters.
disconnect in 3rd quarter = replay 2 quarters.
disconnect in 4th quarter = replay 1 quarter.
In regards to a game where a player has scored ,if a game disconnects 4 consecutive times,each time counting as a different attempt to replay a game pertaining to the same Match ID , the 4th attempt is the last attempt. If the last attempt disconnects BOTH players must immediately message the referee and state that the match (insert the MATCH ID number) was attempted 4 times and they all disonnected. If one of the players fail to IMMEDIATELY report the incident, that player will forfeit the match and the sole player that did report will win the match. If both players succesfully report the incident, the match will be cancelled and both players will be charged half the league fee that pertains to the match and the remaining money will be split and refunded to the players
NOTE: Always add the spoint from the disconnected games to the game that is finally completed.
Table of content
The option to report a challenge is on the menu accessed via the locker room.
At the end of each challenge all players are required to complete a challenge report. Challenge reports must be filled out accurately. When indicating the winner of a challenge the challenge report process is expecting the name of the player that won the challenge under the terms set forth in the " Create a challenge " form details.
The report challenge form consist of the following fields:
- “Match id” - Indicates the unique id number assigned to each challenge that is created. The challenge id is the only attribute that is unique to each individual challenge. This id is what should be used when referencing a challenge to staff or other players.
- “Select the winner”- The winner is the player with the highest score, the loser is the player with the lowest score. Unless the challenge has special request submitted and approved by a referee prior to kickoff.
- “Your score”- Each player submits their own score in this field (THE SCORE THAT A SCREEN SHOT WOULD SHOW).
- Do you have a dispute”- If a player believes they have evidence of a rule violation they should select “Yes” in this field (PLAYERS SHOULD SELECT YES ONLY WHEN EVIDENCE IS CLEAR WITH NO QUESTION OF DOUBT). Once a dispute is triggered , the referee will be notified and the dispute process will begin. All funds are held in escrow until dispute is resolved.
- “Rate your opponent”- Players are required to rate the opponent based on gameplay skill.
- A text area field for describing a dispute- If “yes” was selected in the “Do you have a dispute” field , use this area to briefly describe the dispute.
A challenge which is successfully reported without a dispute continues on to the “Report result” process.
NOTE: The dispute option is only for challenges that have been played until the final score board and the person disputing has loss the challenge. Players should not use the dispute option if the challenge was not completed for some reason or if they won the challenge, If the challenge is not completed or the winner wants to report that the opponent violated a rule a referee must be notified immediately via chat.
NOTE: providing false information in a challenge report is prohibited.
Table of content
Once a challenge is accepted by a challenger there will be a 3 hr time frame in which the game must be played and reported. Failure to report penalties are as follows:
- If both players fail to report - Bet amount is refunded minus the league fee (both players split the league fee) , -5 will be deducted from each player’s reputation points , a “failure to report “record will be added to both players profiles. no other stats will be recorded.
- If the loser fails to report - the loser will be penalized - 5 reputation points, a “failure to report “ record will be added to the loser’s profile , + 1 loss , + 1 games played. The winner will be awarded the cash winnings , +5 reputation points for reporting a challenge where the opponent failed to report, +1 win , + 1 games played.
- If the winner fails to report - The winner will be awarded the cash winnings , -5 reputation points for failing to report ,a “failure to report” record will be added to the winner’s record , + 1 win , + 1 games played. The loser will receive + 5 points for reporting a challenge where the opponent failed to report, + 1 loss, + 1 games played.
Table of content
When the Match Report process is completed without a dispute the following actions apply:
- The winner is awarded 1 win,
- The winner is awarded the total bet amount minus the league fee.
- The loser is deducted 1 loss.
- both players accumulate the rating points given by the opposing player during the challenge report process.
- The challenge is recorded in the “history” log.
Table of content
Maddensnap sponsors good players in 2 ways:
- Players that win 5 games straight are eligible for bet sponsorship until they lose. Maddensnap will cover each bet after the 5th win. During sponsorship players are considered under contract. Players under contract pay 15% of winnings to Maddensnap. Example : If a sponsored player wins a bet that totals $100 , the sponsored player receives $85 and Maddensnap receives $15 as a agent fee. Players that win 5 games straight must notify a referee before playing 6th game. Failure to notify staff before the 6th game cancels the win streaks.
- Players that excel in gameplay and frequently earn bet sponsorship may possibly be approached for sponsorship in real world tournaments. These details are discussed with players on individual terms.
The bet amount covered by Maddensnap varies and it depends on the average amount established by the 5 game win streak that lead to the sponsorship.
Example : If a player wins 5 games at these bet amounts $10,$20,$5,$1,$7, The average of those 5 amounts are $8.60. This means that Maddensnap will cover the sponsor challenges up to $8.60 . If this sponsored player was to make a $8 bet and lose the game, Maddensnap will pay the winner $8 essentially leaving the sponsored player with no obligation to pay. The sponsored player must still have the cash to make the bet, they just do not lose the money if they lose. It can also be considered a insurance bet.
The dispute process is for a player that has lost the challenge and has a dispute. A player that has won a challenge but has a dispute must inform a referee via chat.
A challenge that has been sent to the dispute process must be reviewed by a referee. The referee will contact each player via chat and request evidence pertaining to the violation. Each player will be given the opportunity to submit links to their screen shots or videos. The referee will review any submitted evidence, the referee will contact the players if there are any additional questions. Once the referee has made a decision, each player will be notified via chat with one of the following actions :
- Dispute awarded - The player making the claim has a valid claim. The challenge result will be over-turned and cash is awarded to the player who disputed.
- Dispute denied- The player making the claim has a invalid claim. The challenge result is upheld and cash is awarded to the original winner.
- Match result hung - A determination could not be made. cash is refunded to both players minus the league fees.
NOTE: It's important to know that every violation committed may not result in a dispute being awarded, the referees have the right to declare a violation insignificant towards the final result of the challenge.
Table of content
- All chess games must be played with “chess with friends” . Maddensnap will not enforce chess games that are played with any other application.
- By default chess games have no time limit on moves unless the creator of the challenge states something different in the “detail” section of the challenge creation form. EXAMPLE : player must move within a specified time limit.
- Chess matches are only 1 game unless the creator of the challenge states something different in the “detail” section of the challenge creation form. EXAMPLE : best of 3
- If a player loses because overall time elapsed by “chess with friends” rules , the player loses the maddensnap challenge as well.
- The winner of the match has the responsibility of screenshot , if the winner fails to screenshot the win screen and the loser fails to admit the winner, maddensnap has no way of determining the winner and both players will be charged full league fee which was calculated for that challenge then refunded difference. SCREENSHOT YOUR WIN!!!
- To create a chess challenge :
- Click on the dollar sign at the bottom of the chat screen
- Next click on “ create a challenge”
- Select “chess” in every drop down option
- Use the description field for custom rules
- Also input “chess with friends” user name in description field
Players wishing to make a withdraw from their Maddensnap account can do so by submitting a request to the "Cashier" via pm chat . In most cases the cashier responds within a hour and no later than 24 hrs. The minimum account balance for a withdraw is $4.00 . There is a $3.00 transaction fee per withdrawal.
NOTE: Maddensnap will deposit cash into the paypal account on file for the player.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS THAT HAVE NOT PLAYED AT LEAST 1 GAME : Due to the fact that Maddensnap is very generous with allowing guest to observe Maddensnap activity without making a deposit, Any player that makes a deposit and withdraws before playing at least one game will be subject to a $5 fee instead of $3.Table of content